About: 30-something. Female. Ohio native, Seattle resident by way of 12 years in Philly. I live with Larry and our sweet pitty mix Tippy. Fundraiser by day, doer of all the things by night.
Likes: Books. Wine. Cheese. Yoga. Running. Travel. My new city. My amazing family and friends, most of whom are too far away. The Ohio University Bobcats, Ohio State Buckeyes, and Cleveland Indians. Lists. Sunset magazine.
Dislikes: Snow. Horseradish. Gluten (JK, I love the gluten, it just doesn’t love me back, so gluten is a dick). Dudes who think they are the boss of my uterus. Barre classes.
Here are some things I want to do.
- Be happy, every day.
Move to Seattle by 2015(which means sell our house – update: this might be happening! / this happened!) and find a home there(update: this happened!).
- Stay involved in my family and friends’ lives as much as possible from across the country (stalker alert); make new friends in Seattle.
- Take advantage of the amazing Pacific Northwest by hiking, exploring, not getting cable, being outside as much as possible, and enjoying every day that we are lucky enough to be here.
- Become a supple leopard: touch my toes and be bendy without having to be drunk.
Train smart for the 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon, which I’m running with my sister in February – a bucket list item!(update: this happened!)
- Maintain running shape so can always be ready to sign up for a race and not freak out about it.
- Finish a half marathon in a time with a 1: in front of it – my PR is
- Touch my heels to the ground during downward dog.
Crow pose. My bad-ass yogi mama can do it but it reduces me to a sniveling pile of “ouch, my elbows!” every time.(update: this happened!)
- Plank for 3 minutes, then 20!
Find a job in Seattle because apparently you need monies to do all the fun things?(update: this happened! And I’m loving it!).
- Enroll in graduate school to obtain my Masters in Library Science.
- Figure out a way that someone will pay me to drink wine, read books, and write about it for the rest of my days. Is anyone hiring a drunk librarian blogger?
Thanks for reading.